Friday, October 9, 2009

GETTING IT OUT

Yesterday was the first day i had to regret my anger.It was heated debate involving the chennai superkings,who i despise even though i live in chennai and am a native.My acquaintance ,whom i cannot call a friend ,since my mood fluctuates too fast from a camaraderie feeling to outright anger when i am in his company,was a vociferous supporter of the home team.Five long minutes ,I knew I had lost control and was using abusive language against him."From whom i can expect reasonable argument ,I can only see an individual who is shaking with anger",these words though did not stop me ,but at least went through my head causing me to slow down.After a couple of minutes when our two friends had cooled us off,I started to regret ,what I had become within a space of five minutes.My shame was further compounded by the fact that my argumentative acquaintance came over within five minutes, "Why do we need to fight for these guys?" and offered hands.It was then only I could shake hands and say sorry.It was then I realized I had the inbuilt constitution of a coward,who is afraid to lose and hence uses abusive language in the same way people use power to quell a rising voice of reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment