Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chetan bhagat's new one

2 states:The story of my marriage is the new book from india's prime time storyteller.Coming back from my obsession Of Prison Break ,I read the novel in two sessions mostly at night and today afternoon.The book does not indulge in the motives of character's actions but rather than on the action itself,such as how a marriage happens between two persons ,who are geographical opposites in a country where the tendency is to take the beaten path(bride-communnity1,groom too must belong to community 1).It is an Indian's identity to be first defined by his caste,then by his state,and last by his language.CB(chetan bhagat)in this thinly veiled auto biographical novel,the characters might well be chetan and his wife anusha,writes or rather speaks about how their marriage came to be.It involves krish ,the boy ananya ,the girl both travelling to meet each other's parents and convince them that they are the perfect romeo and juliet.The plot may be straight out of a tamil cinema movie,but where chetan scores is his ability to potray the difference between two sets of people,Punjabis who love talking and the tamil brahmins who love silence..The family that loves food and other THE HINDU.The generation before and the generation next.When the book rushes towards its stereotypical ending I am not sure whether I had become involved with the near real life story or the that they had suceeded in their marriage inspite of their obstacles,I just felt my mood uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment